Electronic Fault (Steering Check, Doors Locking/Unlocking, Lights on etc)

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

TechHunt
Currently Drives:: 2003 Renault Megane Dynamique 1.5dci Hatchback (Phase 1) and 2006 Renault Megane Sport 225

Electronic Fault (Steering Check, Doors Locking/Unlocking, Lights on etc)

Postby TechHunt » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:55 pm

A few weeks back, I got in my 2003 1.5dci Megane Hatchback to go into town, the car started fine but then the wipers, lights, all dash lights came on along with electronic Fault, Steering Check and the doors locking and locking every so often.

I turned the car off, then I got immobiliser fault.

After a few tries I did get it back on, I drove the car into town and it was giving my steering check with the doors locking and unlocking and the lights and wipers coming on again.

I came back to the car after doing what I needed to and the immobiliser fault message came on again.

I then when I got back home couldn't turn the car off, unless I unplugged the ECU or stalled the car.

I have had this issue come up again a few days ago. I have left it parked up under a cover and have been using my sport since.

I have sprayed WD40 on the ECU plugs and on the door connectors but it does still do it.

Does anyone know what would cause this?

It needs an MOT in 2 weeks, I'm not going to put it in for one if I cant stop it.

TechHunt
Currently Drives:: 2003 Renault Megane Dynamique 1.5dci Hatchback (Phase 1) and 2006 Renault Megane Sport 225

Re: Electronic Fault (Steering Check, Doors Locking/Unlocking, Lights on etc)

Postby TechHunt » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:43 pm

If anyone has any ideas I would be happy to hear them and give them a try

Return to “Problems / Questions”