Megane Mk 2 fan not working

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Fionab
Currently Drives:: 3 door Renault Megane 2005 Mk2

Megane Mk 2 fan not working

Postby Fionab » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:41 am

Hello. I’m new to this site but have found your forum pages invaluable to fix problems with my 2005 Megane with climate control. Current problem is with the cabin heater not working. I’ve found some great videos to get to the heater resistor and today took out the glovebox etc to replace it. But there’s a pod of wires that are in front of this that stops me from getting to the second screw to take out resistor and loom. I think it’s the fan relay and it’s fixed in place. I’ve tried pressing and pulling the black cover box. It’s a bit looser but I don’t want to break the connector. The wires from it go one side to the fan and the other into the resistor. Any ideas would be well received. I’m so close but so far - very frustrating :( Thanks

DougM
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 2 1.6

Re: Megane Mk 2 fan not working

Postby DougM » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:01 pm

The fan relay box from the videos I have seen slides either up or down. Pulling it will simply pull the cover off the relays. If that is indeed the box in the way

Return to “Problems / Questions”