Drivers window Problem 2008 mk2 1.5dci

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

boatman
Currently Drives:: 2008 Megane Mk2 1.5dci

Drivers window Problem 2008 mk2 1.5dci

Postby boatman » Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:11 pm

Hi all, My drivers window started to act up then stop working so did the reset thing holding switch up and it worked, had to do it several times over a couple of months, made it work for short periods of time but has stopped now. I spoke to and electrician who said after a while the regulator module gets confused and that I should disconnect it so as to drain the capacitor. So two questions I forgot to ask 1. how long should I disconnect for? 2. Can I just disconnect the battery instead and leave disconnected for a while will this work instead of taking door panel off etc?

DougM
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 2 1.6

Re: Drivers window Problem 2008 mk2 1.5dci

Postby DougM » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:45 pm

The temic module is probably dead in the door or the motor. I wouldn't disconnect the battery not unless your keen on a whole host of other glitches. Check the fuse hasn't blown first. Its passenger side end of dash and rated 25 in the Megane. If its ok your have to take the door card off, find the module and unplug it. Check it for moisture and the connector. Plug it back together and see if it works. Sometimes the connector is the issue. If it doesn't work I would check the connector with a multimeter. Just operate the switch with the meter plugged into the central pins to see if you get a voltage. If that's ok your onto replacing the module. £15 off Ebay. Hopefully that will sort it. If not then your motor is burnt out. You could check it first I suppose but its probably the module. The motors are £35 from france. Again on Ebay. Hope that helps.

Return to “Problems / Questions”