Airbag fault and boot lock problems

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

boatman
Currently Drives:: 2008 Megane Mk2 1.5dci

Airbag fault and boot lock problems

Postby boatman » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:48 pm

Hi, Megane mk2 2008 1.5dci I have a couple of problems, first with air bag warning light, on most of the time off intermittently but not for long. I have changed the squib, no change. I have just got a code reader and it says, fault DF239 rear inertia reel circuit, open circuit. I have searched here and google and mike the mechanic (goggle) says check the wires/plugs under rear seats, there are none! so first question would the connectors be in the side panels with the seat belt inertia reels? Second problem my boot has started to unlock/open itself quite often, some times when I come to a halt and switch off, sometimes when I start the car and begin to drive off, sometimes when engine is running and I get in to drive off, and yet other times when I want to get into the boot it won't unlock although this was much worse when it was quite cold and icy. Anyone had similar problems, advice on how to fix would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Return to “Problems / Questions”