Wiper Arm linkage

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

rprest

Wiper Arm linkage

Postby rprest » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:19 am

Hi all. I wonder if you may be able to help a novice

The wiper linkage on the drivers side of my 2008 Megane has come apart. Typically when we've got heavy nrain for the forseable future!

Looking at it I'm assuming that the bolt and bearings (?) have just finally given up the ghost and disintegrated.

As I say, I'm a bit of a novice, but I feel like this might be a relatively straight forward with the right parts?

Would be anybody be able to advice on how I may go about tackling this? I've hoping I might not need to get a whole new arm?

Thank you in advance!!
Richard

bobbaldilocks
Currently Drives:: Megane 2's and a Grand Espace and a 330d m sport Touring

Re: Wiper Arm linkage

Postby bobbaldilocks » Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:07 am

Hi, given that you posted this in the middle of Winter and we're now starting the Summer season it's assumed that you resolved this succesfully shortly after posting.
I don't have the link to hand but I'm pretty sure I bought a replacement spurious set of wiper fixings to resolve this very problem from Ebay. Again from memory the replacement set was badged as a design improvement on the original equipment to dispense with the slap that eventually gives way to failure in this component. All the best and post back to let us know your experience.

Return to “Problems / Questions”