Electronic Fault with 53 reg Megane

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

MEG4NE2
Currently Drives:: 2003 '53' Green Renault Megane II Dynamique

Electronic Fault with 53 reg Megane

Postby MEG4NE2 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:14 pm

hi,
recentley ive had some problems with my 2003 53 1.4 Megane dynamique i was in the car driving with no problems then as i stopped and turned off the engine it would not start, and their was an electronic fault coming up on the display, later trying a jump start, still absolutely nothing so gave it a quick charge which eventually got it going so put the car on charge over night, and it seemed fine so took it down to motorworld for a free battery test and they said that the battery seemed charged and ok but was not holding charge and this was due to needing a new alternator so got the alternator put on and all is well battery seems fine everythings working fine, except on tickover the car seems to cut out occasiannoaly has anyone got any idea on why it may be doing this? also the car had hardly any petrol literally in the red so i was thinking maybe thats what may have caused it ( dragged stuff through the fuel lines maybe ) your thoughts would be very much appreciated!

MEG4NE2

fox
Currently Drives:: 1.5 DCI MEGANE II

Re: Electronic Fault with 53 reg Megane

Postby fox » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:32 pm

Same problem, read my post on battery low warning light. Just posted.

Looks like you might need some new GLOW PLUGS if diesel or spark plugs if petrol. And check the HT leads are okay (the leads which are connected to the plugs. If any signs of wear replace them with some decent ones.

Nige
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 03' Renaultsport Megane 1.4 16v...NO FAULTS HERE! :-D

Postby Nige » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:35 pm

MEG4NE2 wrote:hi,
recentley ive had some problems with my 2003 53 1.4 Megane dynamique i was in the car driving with no problems then as i stopped and turned off the engine it would not start, and their was an electronic fault coming up on the display, later trying a jump start, still absolutely nothing so gave it a quick charge which eventually got it going so put the car on charge over night, and it seemed fine so took it down to motorworld for a free battery test and they said that the battery seemed charged and ok but was not holding charge and this was due to needing a new alternator so got the alternator put on and all is well battery seems fine everythings working fine, except on tickover the car seems to cut out occasiannoaly has anyone got any idea on why it may be doing this? also the car had hardly any petrol literally in the red so i was thinking maybe thats what may have caused it ( dragged stuff through the fuel lines maybe ) your thoughts would be very much appreciated!

MEG4NE2

hey there!

exact same fault as my 1.4 16v this week....it was down to a faulty TDC sensor, replaced and starts every morning now first push of the button. The fault also resolved the stalling on idle. If your tdc sensor is a black socket...get it changed with the updated blue socket ones. I would say your fuel was fine.
03' Megane 1.4 16v 3Dr, N.Ireland

MEG4NE2
Currently Drives:: 2003 '53' Green Renault Megane II Dynamique

Postby MEG4NE2 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:15 pm

hi,
thanks for the replies, after a second battery check turns out my battery wasnt holding charge so got my alternator replaced and everything seemed fine then it was cutting out and ideling strangely on tickover so took it in somewhere and he said my throttle body needed a good clean and then a system restore? so i got all that done and its running better than ever now so well pleased and he only charged me £ 40

Return to “Problems / Questions”