megane saloon with RS 225 is it possible

Discussions on the Megane II sedan

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

taylorbourne900
Currently Drives:: Renault megane saloon recent purchase to replaced the dead clio

megane saloon with RS 225 is it possible

Postby taylorbourne900 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:36 pm

Hi I have a megane saloon and I'm debating whether doing a engine convention would be a recipe for a fun filled monster or could it be a hole heep of trouble and not worth trying I'll start by saying I don't want a 225 hatch if i was to by a rs it would be a mk3 265 model but i have a mk2 sallon if i was to buy a running 225 that had been rear ended and bacicly do a full swap of the engine and ecu and all the other bits that run along side the lump I already see how hard it would and I am fully aware that it will take a lot of time and money but I have never seen it done before and would love to have a unique saloon that's more importantly turbo charged

craigyt
Just Passed

Re: megane saloon with RS 225 is it possible

Postby craigyt » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:20 pm

Anything is possibly, it helps to know the right people!

Iv done a full 1.5 to 1.9 dci and she runs beautifully just requires a remap to make the most of the hybrid turbo.

The interior/dashboard looms are the same so it will be everything electrical in the engine bay that requires changing to overcome the immobiliser problems.

Depending on what model you have and if you want to run the front suspension off the 225. If not the 1.9 dci runs the same driveshafts as the 225 so you will need to swap the hubs to fit the larger shafts. Subframe may need swapping etc etc!

Its all possible so id encourage it! Go for it!!!

Return to “Megane Sedan”