Tyre pressure sensors

The section for all Megane III talk.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

TubaPlayer
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 2004 (54) Black Megane 2.0T Privilege CC

Tyre pressure sensors

Postby TubaPlayer » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:59 pm

Does the megane III have the tyre pressure sensor capability pre fitted and ready to be enabled with clip (and also the fitting of the sensors)
Megane 2004 2.0T Black Privilege CC, Xenons, Sat Nav, Cruise Control, Full Leather, Rear Parking Sensors (Colour Coded)
Previously: Megane 2003 2.0 16V Black Dymanique Sport Hatch

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Re: Tyre pressure sensors

Postby ChrisM » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:11 am

:ot
I see on the Renaultforums.co.uk you have fitted parking sensors to your CC without removing your rear bumper, I have a question about bumper caps, I can remove the corner caps from there clips fairly easily until I get to the point where the boot lid closes, the corner cap curves back in toward the boot of the car around 90 degree this point is the problem, they do not want to move hardly at all here and are almost solid, where yours tight here as well, can you remember where the clips are in this area as I don't seem to be able to find them and can't get enough free play to use the screwdriver to find them, any ideas as you have had yours off.
Sorry to jump off topic.

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Postby joeishmather » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:20 am

it is possible to fit them, once you have all the components set up you just have to get it activated...

TubaPlayer
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 2004 (54) Black Megane 2.0T Privilege CC

Postby TubaPlayer » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:05 pm

ChrisM wrote::ot
I see on the Renaultforums.co.uk you have fitted parking sensors to your CC without removing your rear bumper, I have a question about bumper caps, I can remove the corner caps from there clips fairly easily until I get to the point where the boot lid closes, the corner cap curves back in toward the boot of the car around 90 degree this point is the problem, they do not want to move hardly at all here and are almost solid, where yours tight here as well, can you remember where the clips are in this area as I don't seem to be able to find them and can't get enough free play to use the screwdriver to find them, any ideas as you have had yours off.
Sorry to jump off topic.

Have you removed the middle part? From memory once this was removed the corner pieces were stiff but did come off OK, if you haven't done this by the weekend let me know and I will try and get some pics for you.
Megane 2004 2.0T Black Privilege CC, Xenons, Sat Nav, Cruise Control, Full Leather, Rear Parking Sensors (Colour Coded)
Previously: Megane 2003 2.0 16V Black Dymanique Sport Hatch

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Postby ChrisM » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:14 pm

The middle part! oh something to do with trees and woods I think the saying says! I belive you can pop it out from under the car or so I have read, will take a look at weekend basically painting the grey caps and fitting parking sensors, didn't really want the time to take off bumpers, front one is fine takes about quter of an hour, never had the rear off, these caps seem straight forward enough but I am a bit strong (heavy handed) at times so don't want to tug at it, the presure seems to be when you look at the centre section then follow it to the side cap as it bends up towards the rear lamp, down by the centre section it can be moved a bit, so I thought if I can get the upper section off (next stop tail light)of the side cap, as the outside corner by the wheel arch comes toward the rear ofthe car (like peeling it) they may be enough "give" to slide it out of the centre section, but listerning to what you have said perhaps not, I will look at poping the center out 1st to give it more "room" to move if it will, as they all have to come off anyway, just trying a dry run 1st before spray time.
As said my problem seems to be not the bit by the centre section but where the cap curls up and goes flat, towards the rear lamp, but as you say I will pop off the center section 1st this time, thanks for your help, again sorry to hyjack your post. :-)

Return to “Megane III”