Anyone bought one yet

The section for all Megane III talk.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Re: Anyone bought one yet

Postby AlexB » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:42 pm

I am not suggesting -- I am merely pointing out at what does not take place, but should... :dead

Similar to you I also don't buy new cars -- their depreciation in the first year is ridiculous.

freddymercurystwin wrote:
AlexB wrote:Why do people agree to pay in advance and collect them without a proper test and inspection?

Having never bought a new car I don't really know but are you suggesting its possible to do a 24hr or so test drive on your brand new car before you pay for it? :?
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

AlexB
Driving Legend

Postby AlexB » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:18 pm

feefee,

I would stick to what I wrote:
"One airbox -- three weeks? An electrical fault -- 3 days plus causing damage to the wiring loom? Replacing the wiring loom while introducing new electrical faults?"

You are absolutely right regarding your dealer, and most of them seem to be not better. I can't comment on the production quality of new Meganes, but is looks alarming that they delivered a car with a crooked glove box. My comment regarding inspection is not aimed at you. I believe the dealers frequently abuse the patient character of British public, which is irritating...

Keep the record of all even minor faults and play your cards right -- you may eventually become eligible for a refund. I wish you best of luck.

feefee wrote:ALex

The airbox problems only surfaced when driving from a cold start.... Clearly, the dealer had done a bit of driving about in the car on the day I picked it up - getting diesel etc so therefore the problem was not noticed until the following day as the engine wasn't cold when I started it.. Having had diesel engines before, I am aware that diesels are noisy but this engine from cold took the biscuit!!!! - Vibrated well beyond what was acceptable for at least 20 mins before going away.... Once noise was away -- it wasn't audible at all.. till engine was completely cold again.

The electrical problems too only surfaced after a couple of days... one light failed after another.... not something that I noticed at my initial inspection.. Inspect I did, I sat in the car for an hour as there was a mix up with the paperwork so the dealer left me to it!!!!

- it was inspected prior to signing up - I am not someone just passed my test dying to drive away in any old heap of rubbish!!!! - I paid a lot of money for the car and did what I could to ensure problems were noted.

I do resent the undertone that I accepted a car without checking it as if I was some sort of idiot - rest assured I am not.....

The only idiotic thing I did do was get Renault in the first place.. :banghead

Fee
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

feefee
Currently Drives:: Mark III Megane 1.5 Dci Privilege

Postby feefee » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:25 pm

ALexB

Apologies for getting a bit ratty with your previous post but after having the dealership and Renault basically making me out to be some mad demented female who moans constantly, I was quite annoyed at you. However , in the spirit of world peace, I take your point and do think the dealership could have done more to help in the first instance - the quality of their initial PDI for a start.

Somehow, I dont know how it would work but I cant see a dealer giving car out for 24 hours prior to signing up as it would put extra miles on the clock and might get stonechips along the way. Worse than that you might not buy it??? Has anyone actually had a 24 hr test drive - It would be good.

My replacement vehicle would be a prime candidate for that considering the hassles with the first but I'm not so sure dealer would agree. I will ask though as it would give more pressure free time to really go over car with a fine tooth comb. Funny though, I get the feeling the dealers will be doing this before I get it from them.

My wiring loom has now remedied all my electric faults but I am now left with a wing mirror which is letting water in and a rattling noise from inside drivers door which has been there for some time......... the plot thickens

Fee

AlexB
Driving Legend

Postby AlexB » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:50 pm

Why didn't they replace the mirror as well? The water ingress will cause electrical faults eventually. This, btw, will be the third (at least) time the car goes in for fixing the electrical faults. If your complaint on the orders was "the electrics doesn't work properly" every time, then you are eligible for full refund by law. If the words were different in different instances or if you did not collect the paperwork, then tough luck. ...and yes, I have a talent of irritating people. Sorry for that.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

feefee

Postby feefee » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:34 pm

Alex

I only noticed the wing mirror leaking recently to be fair, for how long its been there I dont know, I must admit I am getting paranoid and am checking the car daily for additional problems.

I really hate this car now and cant wait to be rid of it... new car arriving in July, perhaps by then I will have lost the will to live.......

I don think there is anything else I can say but thank you for your advice and information - will keep you updated on any additional problems that occur and more importantly how this car stands up to my new one!!!

Fingers crossed

Fee x

Poddy
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Kia Cee'd 1.6 CRDi

Postby Poddy » Mon May 18, 2009 1:24 am

I took the 1.6 Privilage out on a 24hr test drive, after 6 miles the exhaust fell off,,,,

need i say more????
07 Kia Cee'd 1.6 CRDi
Remapped

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Mon May 18, 2009 6:28 am

I finally saw a coupe in New heaven the other day

feefee

Postby feefee » Mon May 18, 2009 3:41 pm

Poddy

somehow the exhaust falling off on your test drive doesn't surprise me.... Have you decided to buy a Mark III then or did it put you off?

My drivers door now hasan unbearable rattling/squeak in it now... God only knows whats causing it.. Delivery date for new car still July 8th... will be trading it in for Vauxhall Insignia

Fee

Poddy
Pass Plus

Postby Poddy » Mon May 18, 2009 11:56 pm

FeeFee

Nah got a Kia Cee'd instead 1.6 CRDi possibly the best motor ive ever had, fair enough im only 20 but have had quite a few cars in my time,

After a month of having my kia the dealership rang and told me they had booked me in to get the tyers changed on my Cee'd so went in, got the tyers changed at no cost except the diesel to get me there, very pleased with the aftercare, also had a problem with the sterio, but they changed that and i then changed it for a JVC headunit, as i like good quality music while driving.

today i installed a set of 6x9's on the parcel shelf of the Cee'd love the better quality, now looking to get a set of after market door speakers and a decent amp for the extra wattage lol

Also remapped the car up to 130 from 90 standard and no problems.

Id recomend a Kia, especialy for the 7year warrenty
07 Kia Cee'd 1.6 CRDi
Remapped

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Tue May 19, 2009 10:16 am

Poddy wrote:I took the 1.6 Privilage out on a 24hr test drive, after 6 miles the exhaust fell off,,,,

need i say more????

Without warning it dropped off :conf

If it was loose before hand I would have expected you to notice a knocking noise or at least the exhaust blowing whilst you were driving.
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

Poddy
Pass Plus

Postby Poddy » Tue May 19, 2009 2:51 pm

no warning what so ever, and i like the look of the new coupe but the exhaust falling off, put me right off,
07 Kia Cee'd 1.6 CRDi
Remapped

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Tue May 19, 2009 5:08 pm

Poddy wrote:no warning what so ever, and i like the look of the new coupe but the exhaust falling off, put me right off,

Surely thats a once off

feefee

Postby feefee » Tue May 19, 2009 8:10 pm

It certainly begs the question of the standard of dealer checks if they didnt notice this themselves.

I think its just a "quality" issue - end of story... Dont think there is any. Either at dealerships or Manufacturing or Renault UK

There have been a fair few "rattles" reported on other Renault Megane forums which is a bit of a concern surely???

I know my car may be one off for the NUMEROUS MAJOR problems I have had but if this is an indication of what could go wrong - no I dont think this is a one off problem... probably more widespread than we think but because the car is new - few people are reporting it online...

fee

Poddy
Pass Plus

Postby Poddy » Wed May 20, 2009 3:18 pm

also a dont se many megane III hatches or coupes on the roads, mayde one or two on the very odd occasion but nowhere near as many megane II's

i dont mean to keep beating on about kia's but there are a good few more Cee'd's and Pro_Cee'd's about than meganes

just from what i can see, and to me the megane does stand out
07 Kia Cee'd 1.6 CRDi
Remapped

feefee

Postby feefee » Wed May 20, 2009 5:18 pm

Hi Poddy

Probably more Cee'ds about because they're more reliable!!!!

My pal has had 3 Kias and thinks they are absolutely FAB. I would consider one although my hubby doesn't like the styling....

i would have thought that this site would have had more people visiting to discuss their new Megane... I am also registered with another forum and its the same there... very few people discussing the car... perhaps the hatch is not going to be a success... either that... reliability has put people off..

We will never know... only time will tell

Good luck with the Kia

Fee x

Return to “Megane III”