Hunting Issue?

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Shadowhunter
Currently Drives:: Vauxhall Vectra 1.8
Renault Megane 1.6 Cabriolet
Mazda 3 2.0 Sport

Hunting Issue?

Postby Shadowhunter » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:47 am

Hi there,

I've been trawling the internet for a remedy or explanation to this problem, but to no avail.

I recently had a problem with my 05 plate CC not starting (it would start, hunt, then die) there was no way to stop it dying. After calling RAC they told me it was the Throttle Body and that it needed replacing. However, searching online i found that apparently they vent crank case near the air intake, and it often gums up the butterfly. Sure enough, i took the throttle body off, and it was abysmal. as if the insides were coated in crude oil. so after a short time, and a can of injection cleaner later, it was all sparkly and clean, and back on the vehicle. This solved the issue and now it starts beautifully.

However, since then, the car now seems to occasionally hunt (well, more precisely, rev) i can be going round a corner, and itll suddenly pick up, forcing me into the curb. it doesnt just occur when moving, sometimes ill be waiting at traffic lights and the revs will just suddenly pick up.

I'd like to add this is the automatic version (not sure if that makes any difference?) no warning lights are on the dash.

I look forward to any help you can give!

Kory

Strickland418

Re: Hunting Issue?

Postby Strickland418 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:40 am

Issue hunting is a topic of concern for many. There are two sides to this coin and people either hate it or love it. These two parties have resorted to warring against each other cross forums and https://rangefindereviews.com/what-does-poaching-mean-in-hunting/ blogs on the topic without any hope of peace. In the midst of their conflict, however, lies a third voice: one that doesn't feel strongly one way or the other. Are you a developer and looking to improve the hunting experience of your customers? The issues to grab your attention lay ahead. But first, let me tell you why you should care about this hunting experience thing.

Return to “Megane CC”