Driver's window goes up too far

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

DWH
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9 Privilege

Driver's window goes up too far

Postby DWH » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:04 pm

Hi.
Since I bought my car the driver's window goes too high at the rear to fit under the rubber seal on the roof by about 4mm. Unless I shut the door by pushing on the glass (which forces the window under the roof seal) the window doesn't seal at the rear and rain runs down the inside and ends up on the seat too. The height at the front of the door glass is OK.

My local independent Renault mechanic said he needs to adjust the window and can't quote as "it's a pain in the ar*e job and could take several hours".

I'm reluctant to effectively give him a blank cheque. Does anyone know how to adjust the height and can it be done so as to only lower the rear end of the glass ?

The passenger door glass could also do with a bit of lowering at the rear edge but not as much.

Thanks

David
Get your top off !

continentalgt
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 2.0 VVT CC Dynamique
Peugeot 206 1.4 HDI

Re: Driver's window goes up too far

Postby continentalgt » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:18 pm

Some cc's have screw adjusters under the bottom of the door, mine certainly does but I don't know if they all have them.
Search the forum as this has been talked about in depth before. If you have adjusters it's a relatively easy job to do, biggest problem is locating them.

freelanderuk
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane convertible 1.9dci 2006

Postby freelanderuk » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:35 am

this is the thread i have bookmarked about the adjuster screws

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=11282&p=75324#p75324
Drive it like you stole it

My flickr

DWH
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9 Privilege

Postby DWH » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:36 am

Thanks Freelander, I had searched the forum but that thread hadn't come up. It's always good to have photos as well as words.

Front adjuster on drivers side too stiff to turn but adjusted the back one. Strange thing is that now it's adjusted, sometimes it's fine but once the window is still about 1mm too high. The window doesn't always seem go up to the same extent....must be to do with friction in the system ?? And possibly how wet/slippery the roof seal is to allow the window to get past it.

Just need to do the passenger side as 10% of the time that goes too high at the rear of the window too.

Thanks chaps

David
Get your top off !

tommi3737
Currently Drives:: Megane 2 CC 2.0

Postby tommi3737 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:25 am

If you are still interested about the pict-send me a private massage to remind me and i will post some pict of this screws which let you to fit the window....
On the other hand there is a special procedure of teaching windows-as i heard you are showing the window the lowest and highest position.

But i think that you just need to use screws....

Return to “Megane CC”