2006 Megane cc roof switch

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Cdurnford

2006 Megane cc roof switch

Postby Cdurnford » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:21 pm

Good afternoon and thanks for letting me join. My wife has just bought a 2006 CC 2.0 and just have a few questions.
The passenger side window does not go down and understand this the Temic that needs replacing so on order. However the main issues I have is all the other windows work from the drivers side but the centre console window switch does nothing and nor does the roof button. I have checked all the fuses and the wiring and had the door cards off however I understand the windows need to drop slights for the roof to operate but pressing the button it does nothing. No noises no beeps no dash warnings. Just find it strange that I can operate 3 of the windows with the drivers side control but the centre button does nothing and nor does the roof button. Anyone has this issue before?

VroomVroomClonk
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.9 DCi CC 2004

Re: 2006 Megane cc roof switch

Postby VroomVroomClonk » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:47 am

Some of the non-standard aftermarket replacements for temic modules behave exactly as you describe. I almost bought one but checked with the supplier first and was told "... it won't work from the centre console switch but will from the other switches."
I suggest you check if you have genuine temic modules on all your windows.

Cdurnford

Re: 2006 Megane cc roof switch

Postby Cdurnford » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:04 am

Thank you I have ordered the right temic for the drivers side however just think it’s strange how both the global switch and roof buttons do nothing when pressed no noises etc or warnings on the dash. I’ve checked the other temics out and all are original

Return to “Megane CC”