No power to roof

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Cdurnford

No power to roof

Postby Cdurnford » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:48 pm

Good afternoon. Our 2006 Megane cc which I picked up recently knowing full well it has a roof issue. But the roof issue is driving me mad! I have replaced all the temics and all the windows work as they should however the centre console global window switch and roof button does nothing. I would of st least expected a noise or even to hear the relay click. I have checked all the fuses the wires to the switches and the multi plug under the carpet passenger side and in the near side boot well. I have disconnected and cleaned every connection and yet still nothing from the roof button. No noise no warning tones nothing. I have manually opened the roof and cleaned the micro switches too. But completely stumped about the roof. Any ideas anyone?

q292u
Global moderator
Currently Drives:: 2003 Clio. The Megane died.
2001 Audi A2 1.4 SE

Re: No power to roof

Postby q292u » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:56 pm

Have you tried using a multimeter to see if there is any power to the switch? If not, then there's the issue.

If there is, then see if there is power out of the switch when pressed? If not, then it's the switch.

Just be systematic.

Warlee1977

Re: No power to roof

Postby Warlee1977 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:20 pm

I have the same problem with a multi meter how can you check if the switch is at fault

Return to “Megane CC”