North Yorkshire - Done! 763 miles

Share details of a trip that you've been on in your Megane II.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

North Yorkshire - Done! 763 miles

Postby ChrisM » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:32 am

Well thats North Yorkshire done, 763 miles in 6 days, stayed in Newsham just off the A66, in a small cottage rayburn, log burner no work presures! excellent, trying at present to get my images off my stupid camera who is not long for the bin I think, as it seems to be having write errors when saving images and read errors when trying to view them, when you view them on the camera it shows half an image :mad
Trying to find a card reader now as the camera does not even show up on PC.
weather was quite good cold but dry, a bit to windy at times and rain on one day, isn't the A1 a fag at the moment 50mph for miles in both directions and on top it all AVERAGE speed cameras in operation, feel sorry for the people who have to travel that road to work every day

Why do women have to carry so much stuff?
Meg CC boot without the lid in it is rather large!, we filled it to the brim + the rear seat, when we got there it turns out that 90% of it is er in doors clothes, Ye gods we where only there 6 days you would have thought we had gone to stay the rest of our lives, why do women need 7 pairs of shoes, 4 pairs of boots and a pair of walking boots plus 3 pairs of sandles, just in case! :o she took outfits for every occasion, coats for every occasion, spare coats in case one got wet??? :? lucky I have no tow ball, other wise I dread to think what else we would have took, suprised we didn't have the cat! but there again there was no room for it, then I got told off for not picking up her wooley gloves, good god she had 3 pairs of leather gloves in diferent colours, me being a man thought that would have been enough :conf
Pics as soon as I can get em up.. :D
All in all a good week

ChrisM
Advanced Driver

Re: North Yorkshire - Done! 763 miles

Postby ChrisM » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:09 pm

Here we go these are the ones I could get off the card.

This is us just arrived at Fountains Abbey - Ripon.

This is the Abbey.

Us in Richmond.

The Old Church in Richmond.

Us lost Somewhere on the Dales, Thank god for sat nav to get us back to the cottage just in time for Tea!! :-)

looks like the wife has droped off again, at least sally sat nav stayed awake to help :D

STEVIE
Advanced Driver

Postby STEVIE » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:41 pm

Nice mate ripon is my home town we are up at foutains most weekends walking the dog

good pics mate

steve
http://www.meganesport.net welcome all members of Megane II Owners Club

ChrisM
Advanced Driver

Postby ChrisM » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:45 am

Superb isn't it, I bet it is wonderful in the summer! Still can'y get my head around the size of the Abbey and how it was built over the river, fantastic bit of engineering for that era really, but can't find out why they went to all that trouble, instead of using the fields around them, unless they needed it for grazing, who knows, great day out anyway. Nice walk around the gardens even at this time of the year.
Lovely area you live in! :cool:

willholdsworth
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: 59 plate Megane cc Dynamique s

Postby willholdsworth » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:08 pm

Nice one Chris
Image Owner of a 59 Plate Chipped 1.9dci CC + Inferno Orange Megane Sport 225

ChrisM
Advanced Driver

Postby ChrisM » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:05 am

Cheers Will, it was a great few days!
Next planned jaunt is Bridgenorth in June for the Seven Vally Railway 1940's event, Bridgenorth to Kiddie on steam trains, outstanding! :D
but there are also the unplanned ones which are usually the best, we have both lakes and beaches in easy reach of us so hopefully no repairs and sunshine this summer! :ohno:

STEVIE
Advanced Driver

Postby STEVIE » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:06 pm

ChrisM wrote:Superb isn't it, I bet it is wonderful in the summer! Still can'y get my head around the size of the Abbey and how it was built over the river, fantastic bit of engineering for that era really, but can't find out why they went to all that trouble, instead of using the fields around them, unless they needed it for grazing, who knows, great day out anyway. Nice walk around the gardens even at this time of the year.
Lovely area you live in! :cool:

its a great place.they have a tunnel from the abbey to the centre of ripon i would love to see in that
and just think about the engineering that has gone into that

steve
http://www.meganesport.net welcome all members of Megane II Owners Club

Return to “Megane II Adventures”