air/oil filter, spark plugs & oil change

Info on parts and accessories for the Mégane II, what to use and where to buy them.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Ozzy82
Learner Driver

air/oil filter, spark plugs & oil change

Postby Ozzy82 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:23 am

if this topic has been covered in another post, please can u post the link for me and accept my apologies. I am going to service my 2003 1.6 vvt meg II and want to know which oil filter, air filter, engine oil and spark plugs to use. i have read about iridium plugs, so am thinking about buying those (any other decent ones???). can someone recommend me a good oil filter, air filter, and engine oil to use please. i have a budget of around £150-£200.

all suggestions/ideas welcome!
1.6 VVT Dynamique, 2003, Ottoman Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, Auto lights/wipers, Pioneer TS-Q131c, Shinyautos.com Blue LED interior lighting, ITG filter, HID Lights (Cheers Andy!!)

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:20 pm

Appolgies no one has replied to you.

I would use genuine Renault filters, they are cheap enough from your dealer, and if you look in the Parts section of the forum there are recommendations on various different spark plugs. You could try here as well https://www.eurocarparts.com/

As for oil your car needs either a 0W30 or a 5W30 synthetic oil that meets the ACEA standard of A3.
A 5W40 ACEA A3 oil will also suffice.
Millers, Comma, Shell, Castrol, Mobil, Valvoline... the list goes on. All have websites that will allow you to select the right oil for your car.
Oilman will be able to recommend a specific one if you pm him.
You will find him on the forum or at https://www.opieoils.co.uk
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

Ozzy82
Learner Driver

Postby Ozzy82 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:27 pm

cheers for the info. No need to apologise, mate. fellow megane owners from this forum have been of great help to me already, withpout them i would still be clueless and out of pocket. :cool:
1.6 VVT Dynamique, 2003, Ottoman Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, Auto lights/wipers, Pioneer TS-Q131c, Shinyautos.com Blue LED interior lighting, ITG filter, HID Lights (Cheers Andy!!)

Return to “Parts and Accessories”