Online Tyre Websites

Info on parts and accessories for the Mégane II, what to use and where to buy them.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Eddie70

Re: Online Tyre Websites

Postby Eddie70 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:33 pm

As quite rightly posted above, you will probably find that your local tyre dealer will try and match (if not beat) competitors tyre prices. What i would suggest though is to take proof of your online prices.

I can honestly say that I have received a great service from https://www.tyresunlimited.co.uk who are based in Ely, Cambridgeshire and also offer mail order delivery should this be your prefered method of purchase. Delivery prices are very competitive and speedy !

Visit the site at https://www.tyresunlimited.co.uk or give em a call for best deals on Renault Megane Tyres!! :grin

LeeUK
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 1.9dci Sport Tourer Privilege, standard, 17s, in-dash 6cd cubasse
Honda S2000

Postby LeeUK » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:27 pm

Bought a 205 50 16 recently for my alfa from HiQ at £55 or there abouts
phoned em for a 205 50 17 for the megane and for the same make tyre they quoted £98

so, online quotes varied for a nankang or something from £63 to 70
went to www.ctyres.co.uk and got em delivered only (no fitting option) for £51 each, nearly half that off HiQ
£51 for a 17inch is pretty good I reckon

Ok, they arent the best make but in the 3 days ive had the car and 100 miles I have averaged 30mph
they will do for me
1.9dci Privilege, Sport Tourer 17s Nervasport, cabasse
Honda S2000

bigstring
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 1.9DCI

Postby bigstring » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:03 pm

If anyone would like a price on tyres please PM me, I have a client on portbury docs and can get tyres for cost + £1...........
Budget 17/40's for £29........ all the way up to P Zeros for £55+.......

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Postby ChrisM » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:43 pm

brokenturbo wrote:I use https://www.rotationuk.com for mine

SNAP!
was just about to mention them! excellent price and super fast delivery. use Black Circles as well as they have always done good deals as well, tyre-shopper used twice and never again, they use National tyres they made a complete mess of the rim and tyre used steel wheel hammer on weights on an alloy, abused me when I rang t otell tem my tyre was almost flat 4 days after fittment, told me to bring it to them, when asked how I was told in a very sarcastic manner to "put my spare on, its not rocket science" when I finally got the tyre to Bangor as it was closer than Mochdre the chap in Bangor National Tyres told me it was going down becasue my alloy was rusty in side. :conf
Is it me? or am I right in thinking in the old days alloy didn't rust, perhaps it does now. :(
And Tyre Shopper all the way through this complaint did not respond once to any emails or letters, on the phone they put you hold keep you there for around 10 mins then cut you off, National tyres eventually after weeks of letters and emails told me there would be an investigation, but I would not be informed of the outcome at all, and a token sorry for any incovniance casused was ushered over the phone by some girl who really sound like she did not give a hit anyway, so National tyres nor tyre shopper will ever get my money again! :)
There are to many tyre houses and tyre web sites to care really, if they don't want to give a proper service then they are many others that will, so stuff em!

Dan020394
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.6 VVT extreme

Postby Dan020394 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:48 pm

hi im having quite a bit of confusion over tyres at the moment not about the width and what not its the number after them that on my tyre says 91, i think this is the load capacity :?
i am looking at new tyres but the number on the is 88 so is a lower load capacity would this make a difference or is it unsafe?
thanks very much

Return to “Parts and Accessories”