Bulbs behind dash board

Info on parts and accessories for the Mégane II, what to use and where to buy them.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

zaphod_59

Bulbs behind dash board

Postby zaphod_59 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:20 pm

The light bulb behind the clock and radio panel has probably blown . Does anyone know the easiest way to change them? Any tips would be highly apreciated.

Any instruction files (doc or pdf) regarding this matter can be sent to zaphod_59@hotmail.com

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Postby Ray » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:49 pm

I thought they were LED lights?

Gav
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Sport Tourer, 1.5 dCi 106

Postby Gav » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:44 pm

Backlights on LCDs are normally integral to the display, not a separate user replaceable part. If I were you I'd try getting the whole display - preferably from a written off car, rather than brand new.

The backlight on our Megane is quite dim, but it's OK, since I can read the display - unlike the display in our previous 307 when I wore my polarised sunglasses!
06 Extreme Blue 1.5dCi 106 Dynamique Sport Tourer with panoramic sunroof and Dension Gateway

simb06

Postby simb06 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:22 pm

Hi i have a megane 2 instrument panel for sale it has approx 30570 miles on the digital display, i would be happy to sell it to you.

for a new display it is £341 + vat from renault but obviously make me an offer if you would like to purchase it.

but to remove the instrument panel just pull the cover above the instrument panel upward and it will unclip that section, then to remove the instrument panel, unscrew the T20 in the middle of the panel then press in the 2 white clips to the side of the panel and it will pull up then you can unclip the wiring plug!
Renault Parts Contact me!

Return to “Parts and Accessories”