Lookers Colchester UPDATE

Name and shame the good and bad dealers so people know where to use and where to avoid

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Meganeccdarren
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Megane cc

Lookers Colchester UPDATE

Postby Meganeccdarren » Fri May 23, 2014 10:34 pm

Took the cc into the stealers at colchester after speaking to Renault Uk about , yes you guessed a faulty rear window !!!!

They had to do a diagnostic to confirm what I had already told them.

Got the car back and told part was on back order, should be 5-7 days

3 weeks later still no part, still on back order and only 200 will be sent to the uk on 16th June!!
Dealers said there is more demand than supply available... I wonder why???????? Ha ha

Renault uk told me dont worry as I am on a priority list and should get one end of June ( if I'm lucky I bet)

Has the world gone mad or what. There are so many failing now surely the stealers should be able to get them quicker than 10 weeks.. They did say sorry, so that's alright RIGHT!!!!!!! :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead
Last edited by Meganeccdarren on Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Re: Lookers colchester... Stealers can't get parts

Postby AlexB » Mon May 26, 2014 12:32 am

If it is the regulator, then just cleaning the connector may solve the problem; no personal experience though. Read this:

https://www.renaultforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=86041

Another option is to find the part on the Internet...

Yes, dealers are useless.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

Meganeccdarren
Pass Plus

Re: Lookers colchester... Stealers can't get parts

Postby Meganeccdarren » Mon May 26, 2014 6:50 am

Cheers Alex
I went down this route before dealers but being as they are paying a lot of the bill due to a known problem they have to supply the part

I did offer to buy one off the net but that was poo pooed by Renault UK and when I tried to buy one they were all out of stock anyway. Even someone on ebay is listing genuine ones but when I called they said they were waiting for stock ( even though they listed 5 available) a bit naughty I thought

Darren

Meganeccdarren
Pass Plus

Re: Lookers Colchester UPDATE

Postby Meganeccdarren » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:59 pm

UPDATE. UPDATE. UPDATE

Finally we got the call today
My window regulator has arrived. I have waited so long that my car tax has expired and summer is almost over!!!!!

Never mind, there's always those frosty days that are good with the roof down. 1:moc 1:moc

:wint :wint :wint :wint :wint

Return to “Dealers”