Car Giant

Name and shame the good and bad dealers so people know where to use and where to avoid

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

kris1969

Car Giant

Postby kris1969 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:26 pm

got my black 3dr with 5000 miles on clock from here, service was great, i know this place only sells cars but i thought it was worth a mention as they do hold a selection of nice meganes.

Mitchell Megane

Postby Mitchell Megane » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:42 pm

I've just seen your message and I'm sorry to say it made my blood boil!!!

I have common sense to now own a Megane, previous to this I bought an automatic Fiat Punto Sporting (a death trap!) from those cowboys and it was NOTHING but trouble. Afterservice....what afterservice, they are quick enough to sell the cars, but any problem is yours not theirs!

I suppose in making a statement like that I should back it up (even though it not a Megane, I feel I have a duty to warn people from that place!)

The Punto I purchased from them, firstly had problems with the gear leever, which they happily fixed upon collection, although this took them 3 days! The car over-revved, was returned to them although they told me that it was down to servicing and not their problem (despite their onehundred and something point check they supposidly do). The car jerked out in traffic on several occassions very very nearly causing some very serious accidents, not to mention distressed passengers! So back it went to change air filter, spark plugs clean gearbox housing etc. Fixed? Nope didn't even bother drive it off their forecourt, because they clearly hadn't touched the car. Had to INSIST on them putting something in writing with the date on confirm the work they carried out - that alone was an ordeal for them!

This time car is back supposidly fixed and they had taken it on an 80 mile test drive to thoroughly test out every aspect of the car!!! AND expected me to pay for all the petrol, as they had 3/4 of a tank to start with and left me running on empty literally, telling me don't worry it'll make it to the petrol station down the road! :shock: Weren't having that! Got petrol put in after a fight! Again had to INSIST for written confirmation of work carried out, again friendly cargiant weren't so friendly! :evil: :twisted:

Found problem not fixed, with a catalougue of problems after this though: wrong size tyre fitted, hence pulling to the left, new tyre on, but no tracking done. Back box of exhaust fell off in a very dodgy part of London late at night, :shock: had to call RAC to wrench it off (the joints had CLEARLY rusted away!). Call to CarGiant next day who umed & erred about getting it fixed - clearly this would have been visable on their 'check' so told them going Kwick-Fit & they would be paying. Which again after nearly 2 weeks of chasing for the re-imbursement cheque did actually happen. Rear screen demister, 2 lines NEVER worked even on collection. Mentioned this to them, on brake failure after nearly sliding down a wet hill into the back of a bus! :shock: Very nearly wrote the front off, but remembered my friend the handbrake! Told by CarGiant not their problem, wear and tear items but they would replace the rear-screen of no charge! Weren't having that so all brake discs and pads were replaced, as they had been worn pretty badly and did this a a goodwill gesture.

All of this you may think, was good service by CarGiant, especially as some parts were down to wear & tear. If I then told you all this happened in the space of 8 weeks, then would you think that's OK? I raised this with trading standards, who told me that in light of the severity of problems with the car, it is not fit for purpose and to reject the car. Told CarGiant, who immediately told me, you can't do that, you'll have to take us to Court if you are rejecting the car after this time. As for their onehundred & something point check I queried what exactly did they check, because it looked as though this heap came straight from the scrapyard! :evil: They said it wasn't a thorough check and that it was general points - I then asked if selling a death trap came under their general points to which they laughed and said no, the check doesn't cover anything really! :twisted:

To add salt to the wound, the car, as far as I was concerned, verred to the left and most of the front came off! With 3rd party insurance £2k later and it was fixed, ready for it's MOT. I advised the tester of the accident and the work carried out, all of which he was impressed with. What he was not impressed with was the omissions & the fact that this was probably due to the fact that the car had BLATENTLY been clocked - my milage showing 30,000 based on his inspection, including the damage from the crash, he reckoned the car had done 80,000 minimum, hence the juddering and engine problems. My mechanic mate who carried out the damage repairs also felt the car was in terrible condition considering the milage and said the crash & repairs was probably the best thing that could of happened to the car! The joke is the car ran ALOT better after the crash! Not to mention the fact that both mechanics, under the flourescent lights showed me a complete respray of the back wing. Astounding as CarGiant informed me at the time of the sale that the car had been a motability car and definately had been looked after and had no previous crashes, of which they were 100% sure of! :evil:

My local Fiat dealer was astounded at the state of the car (which I took for a diagnostics as CarGiant said accussed me of exaggerating) and said they were very concerned that CarGiant could sell their cars in such a state & would be passing it onto their headoffice for their attention. :idea:

A garage not far from CarGiant confirmed to me that a majority of the cars they buy are actually from auction, hence the rock bottom prices! :wink: And how would they know that? Well they fix the cars for CarGiant, on the cheap! I'm not alone in my tale of woes I know of 3 other people since who have literally had engines fall out of their cars within 4 weeks of owning it! WARNING to others, if you're buying something from CarGiant, get a FULL independent check of the car, trusting a car supermarkets checks does you no good! :!: :!: :!:
Mitchell: Megane Dynm, 1.6, auto with comfort pack

kris1969

Postby kris1969 » Thu May 10, 2007 11:13 am

we can only go by first hand experience, we've had five cars from car giant and have'nt had any problems with them, i've also visited london city west form work to my megane and have had excellant service, so glad i'm missing the troubles you and others are having with these two firms.

adrimo

Postby adrimo » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:20 pm

i bought a car from there with no problems either

Return to “Dealers”