Indepenedent Renault servicing in Aylesbury, Bucks

Name and shame the good and bad dealers so people know where to use and where to avoid

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Rich B

Indepenedent Renault servicing in Aylesbury, Bucks

Postby Rich B » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:08 pm

Thought this might be of interest to the group and may answer a question raised below - I'd like to recommend a garage I've used in Aylesbury, 'Bucks Renault'.

They are owned and staffed by two former employees of Camden Renault and are based out of a non-descript unit in an industrial estate in Aylesbury. Their Renault knowledge knows no bounds and they welcome new customers in the way you expect a dealer to, yet service like theirs is all too rare these days.

Their labour rate is £35/hour and they have all the diagnostic equiment required to undertake mechanical repairs to Renaults young and old. I recently serviced my 2005 Megane Sport Tourer with them - quotes given by the Renault dealers in the area were around £350 generally (a fuel filter was required). The same service with Bucks Renault was £210, plus you can be assured that only genuine Renault parts will be used.

While I don't want to sound like an advertisement for them, I'd like to make them known because I feel we should do everything we can to support these types of business in order that dealers cannot get away with charging £100/hour for labour without any genuine competition.

By way of example of Bucks' good service they recently switched out my airbag warning light FOC after I was a little careless when moving the driver's seat. So all in all I cannot recommend them highly enough - but would be glad to hear of any other feedback.

chrislloydie
Pass Plus

Postby chrislloydie » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:13 pm

Yeah I can second that opinion. After looking around we found this place and to be honest they were great. Although I haven't used them for the megane yet, my misses used them for her clio. They quickly diagnosed the problem and sorted it out for a great price. She had a major 36k service, new rear wheel bearing, new fuel pump, new brakes pads and discs and a couple of other minor things. They stayed open late to get it done on a Saturday and when we got it back it was a s clean as whenit was new. All this for £750. Hate to think what Renault would have charged.
1.6 Dynamique 5 dr, tip, Antique Green, 17" 16 spoke alloys, spoiler, DVD, Lexus rear lights, green cotton filter, ipod, TS-Q131C Speakers, limo tints

chrislloydie
Pass Plus

Postby chrislloydie » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:18 pm

Only thing is they aren't yet ab;e to undertake warranty work , however they are trying to change this soon. Also the guy there sat down and went thru everything they were doing and phoned regularly with updates
1.6 Dynamique 5 dr, tip, Antique Green, 17" 16 spoke alloys, spoiler, DVD, Lexus rear lights, green cotton filter, ipod, TS-Q131C Speakers, limo tints

Return to “Dealers”