Motorpoint

Name and shame the good and bad dealers so people know where to use and where to avoid

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

sporttourer
Pass Plus

Motorpoint

Postby sporttourer » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:08 pm

Motorpoint tell me that if I buy a new car from them, not made for the UK but of UK spec Renault UK will still give me a 3 yr /60K warranty.

does anyone know if this is the case?
---------------------
All information and/or advice given is in good faith and any action taken by the reader is done so at their own risk.

ICEMAN
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II 1.5DCi + Lexus RX 300

Postby ICEMAN » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:59 pm

yes the warranty is still valid.

Basically what it is mate, majorits of the cars that you see in renault dealerships are from cyprus or somwhere.

but as motorpoit buy them direct and ship it them selfs, they can save more money.

Dealers do not like this idea as motorpoint can undercut dealer prices by alot and dealers can not do anything about it!!

They dont like you buying from motorpoint as you will be getting a good deal. they will say its a foreign car and things will go wrong with it....but whats foreign about it?? the colours of the wires?? the way the seats are sticthed together, the glass?? The car is made by renault. Sold to different dealers
Ask them next time what is the difference between a foreign renault and one bought from a uk dealer!!!

ABSOLUTLY F ALL!!!
Black Megane - Black Tints - Black 18" Rims with Chrome - Angel Eyes - Shark Fin - Tail Fins - Kenwood DNX7200 - ipod Video -Hertz Space 6.5" Components - PG Ti500.4 - MTX 9544-15" Sub - Orion D5000 - Audison Cabling - Optima Power = NICE

smurfcymru

Motorpoint

Postby smurfcymru » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:58 pm

I bought an 06 Scenic "New" from Motorpoint Newport- Price was great at 10K car was sourced in Cyprus- Motorpoint told me warranty was 3rs but I actually got nothing in writing

I had problem with electric windows which Renault cardiff were not interested in for 6 weeks as I hadnt bought it from them however James & Jenkins looked at it same day under warranty- no problem with it being "Import". What does worry me is wether I really have a 3 yr warranty or just 2 as manufactures warranty- strangely enough Cyprus dealers also give 3 yr warranty but it is along way to take it back!!

I suggest you as Motorpoint to confirm warranty in writing also make sure there is petrol in it as mine ran out on way to closest garage
----------------------------------
06 1.6 VVT Scenic Expression
----------------------------------

Don
Passed Theory

Postby Don » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:39 pm

Bought my Sport Tourer in Motorpoint Newport, drove it straight to Dublin. Its been into Renault here twice, water in doorpocket and new window regulator, both warranty items fixed without question, no-one has ever asked where the car is from. The way it should be, who cares where it is from, if its a Renault under warranty that should be the end of it. Shame on delers who act otherwise.

Return to “Dealers”