Perrys of Doncaster

Name and shame the good and bad dealers so people know where to use and where to avoid

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

headhunter

Perrys of Doncaster

Postby headhunter » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:06 pm

bought our megane from these 2 months ago,today as missus driving it to work,noticed smoke coming from front wheelarch area.
anyway,she called aa out who noticed that a hose had split but couldn't repair it???.
so she took car back to perrys who wanted £60 to look at it to see what the problem was!
the aa report means nothing!
i understand that hoses are wear and tear parts but i personally think that the car was not serviced/checked over/pdi before we collected it.
so,we took the car to our usual garage (andy candler) who has fitted replacement parts and tomorrow is checking that anything else hasnt been damaged, (head gasket/head etc)
apart from a nasty letter to perrys any other ideas from anyone?

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Postby Stranger » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:18 pm

I'd suggest keeping your cool, write a factually correct letter to Renault UK explaining the whole situation. Write down everything that you know, no speculation just what you know, and cc it to Perrys of Doncaster.

Renault UK have been fair on more than one occasion and when they have all the facts to hand if they then conclude that there is something amiss at the dealership end I feel confident that they will compensate you or they may even pay for all repairs.

Keep a record of all your communications with Perrys and Renault UK.
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

headhunter

Postby headhunter » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:37 pm

it was a used car.would renault uk take much interest in it?
and the perrys we got it from is a vauxhall dealership

headhunter

Postby headhunter » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:18 pm

as a footnote my usual garage sorted the hoses and clips,tested for damage to head,refilled water/antifreeze for less than what perrys wanted to just look at the car-guess who i'll never buy another car from

Return to “Dealers”