Meggys Going

A place for chat, jokes or anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

nickbell69
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megane 1.9dci priv 53

Meggys Going

Postby nickbell69 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:26 pm

Well yes it's finally happened i've traded her in :-(
After months of deliberation i started looking and finally bought a new car yesterday.
Not the usual story of "glad to get rid etc etc". Loved the car, had her for 6 years(a long long time for me). Would recommend to anyone.
Very few problems in all those years and she has 120k on the clock(110 i've done). Few small probs recently strut mounting, heater, windscreen washers, not expensive jobs(haven't had them done!!) but wondering if she's going to get problematic now and can't risk it with miles i do.
Would have had another one but i like a change of car and need something a little bigger with work stuff etc.
So finally settled on a 57plate Mondeo (i bet a few people just took sharp intakes of breath). Looked for 6 weeks now and drove loads of cars but kept coming back to the Mondeos, good price for lots of equipment etc. There'll be people quoting reliability but i know a few people with them and all(touch wood) seem ok.
Be sad to see Meggy go and will miss coming on here as much to read all the problems and goings on (will pop on from time to time to impart my extensive knowledge of Meganes ;) )

Nick.

pw981
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: 04 Megane 1.9dCi replaced with a 07 Toyota Auris 2.2 D-CAT 180

Re: Meggys Going

Postby pw981 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:43 pm

Nick I'm in a similar situation as you... I've had mine for 5 years, and driven 100 out of the 121k which is on it now... I still like the car, but I just have this gut feeling that something is gonna go wrong! I keep browsing on autotrader, but I can't bring myself to actually start the process of "I'm gonna change the car"

Good luck with your Mondeo though, it's a nice car!
2004 Megane II 1.9dCi

Toosh
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 03 Megane 1.9 dCi 120 Dynamique Sport Hatch in Black.
Nervasport alloys, Comfort Pack, Full Leather interior, 6 Disc CD Changer,
Panoramic Roof, and loads more stuff.

Postby Toosh » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:58 pm

Its pretty rare on here to hear a good report about there ownership of a Megane, hopefully in a years time when i plan to change mine i can be another one.
Nothing wrong with the new shape Mundaneo :lol: My brother has a 58 plate 1.8TDCI Titanium, its got all the goodies such as bluetooth and voice activated stereo and heater/aircon controls its really nice. One thing that got me when i took it for a spin around the block is that its massive, tonnes of space inside.
Good luck.
Black 03 Megane dCi 120 Dynamique Sport Hatch. Gone but not forgotten.
Black 56 Pug 207 GT 1.6 Turbo

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Postby Ray » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:53 pm

I've had my meg from new. coming upto 72k and i'm about to blow £1300 on servicing and maintenence.
Failed MOT on brakes so cost an extra £400. I knew the brakes were bad, but was hoping for an advisory on them until later this year.
I also got told my air con isn't working due to a valve problem which i'll post about later.
but otherwise, it's a great car. comfortable, drives well. good power.

Had a look on autotrader for cars £4-6k as an instant trade in + a bit of money on top but there's nothing out there for the size of the car, spec and milage.

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Postby Stranger » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:20 am

Mondeo's are fine cars Nick, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Good luck with the Ford and I don't think there's any riules to say that you can't stay on here, it's a good community and your knowledge of the Meg will always be there and could be of use to others.
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

onlydiesels

Postby onlydiesels » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:20 pm

ray,just out of interest, what did £400 on brakes cover?

rjacko
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.9 dci Dynamique, 3dr 03 reg

Postby rjacko » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:39 am

Nowt wrong with mondeo's but prefer the older model. Cant go wrong with a ST TDCi, good spec level, great performance, was cheaper to run and maintain than the megane too!! It's gone now, just got the meggy at the mo which will be relegated to a run about as out grown it and getting an estate car :-( unfortunately a necessity as two quickly growing toddlers
3dr 03 Megane 1.9Dci, Dynamique, panoramic roof, keyless system, full leather, 6 cd changer, 17" Nervasport alloys

chris-wills
Currently Drives:: 2004 megane 1.6 dynamique

Postby chris-wills » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:54 pm

it's shortly to be goodbye to my 04 dynamique. i have owned this car a little over 12 months and have so far spent approx £1600 in repairs (inc 2 window regulators). i love the car itself but the electrics are a nightmare. have placed an order for a new clio turbo which should arrive mid to late march. let's hope the meggy makes it until then! :?

BlueMeganeII
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 03 Megane 3 door 2.0 VVT Dynamique - Sunroof, 17" Alloys, Keyless Entry and start
55 Grand Espace Initial, Xenons, Leather, Sunroof, Keyless, Sat Nav, Tyre Pressure sensors, 18" Alloys, Roof spoiler/bars.

Postby BlueMeganeII » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:11 pm

I think your mistake there could be ordering another Renault, they all seem to have electric problems amongst others. Having said that I also 56 reg Grand Scenic aswell as my Megane so no one ever learns :).

Return to “Everything Else”