It's not just renault dealers

A place for chat, jokes or anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

nickbell69
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megane 1.9dci priv 53

It's not just renault dealers

Postby nickbell69 » Mon May 24, 2010 8:21 pm

Well after the Megane going and the Mondeo arriving i've quickly realised that Renault dealers do not have exclusive rights on ripping off customers and offering bad service.
As the Mondeo is under warranty for another 6 months i wanted it serviced at a dealers(wouldn't normally but it's only a minor service)
Rang 4 dealers and quotes range from £169 to £249 all include exactly same, 1 dealer was hard selling a change of brake fluid, 2 denied this needed doing yet!!
Then Evans Halshaw in Wrexham(2miles from me so handy)well their customer service just takes the biscuit.
Boot on the Mondeo has a design fault(told you not just Renault) which causes rain to drip in when boot is opened. This is a well known problem all over the internet but Evans Halshaw denied it totally. When i rang another dealer(20miles away) he was complete opposite told me there was a fix for this, 2 rubber parts costing £6 easily fitted yourself. Rang Evans Halshaw back told the guy, gave him the part numbers and asked him to order them. Was unbelievably told "you have to come in and order parts we can't take payment on the phone" :shock:
Never mind i bit my tongue asked him the opening hours for Saturday and left it.
Popped in on the saturday at 12.20pm to be told the parts desk guy had gone, hold on i said he told me the parts desk closed at 1pm on a Saturday. No the service guy said it's 12. Huffed and puffed and walked out the door where i got the guy to look at the huge plastic signage outside that stated parts was open till 1pm on a Saturday. To say his face was a picture is an understatement :D
He apologised and said the guy must have left early(which i could have told him).
Suffice to say the car is off to the farthest dealers for a service where he quite helpfully ordered the bits on the phone and said will get fitted for me to save me a job and i can just pay for them when i pick the car up.
Why can't people realise good service leads to repeat business=job security

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: It's not just renault dealers

Postby Stranger » Tue May 25, 2010 8:22 am

They are unbvelievable aren't they, I no longer know of one single main dealer that I would happily go to, I went to Evans Halshaw the other week to look at a car purely on spec as I'm starting to look around as to what I may change to, anyway, the car wasn't in. Was it out on a test drive with a prospective buyer no, it was out with one of the sales guys who liked it so much that he'd taken it to go to Wales for the weekend, I wasn't overly thrillled with that but hey, whatever.

What truly shocked me though was that no one asked if I'd like them to be contacted when it was back, I left a pause to give them the opportunity to do so but when nothing was forthcoming I said "so, how do I get to view this car?" then some jobsworth said "well, I suppose that you could ring up next Tuesday if you like" FFS :banghead

I went to the local Saab dealers to see what sort of a deal they'd do on a 9-3 as there's a new model out before long, their cars are about a grand over priced when compared to other dealers but I thought surely, that gives them room for manouvre and / or I'll get a better trade in price. Don't be daft, they wouldn't budge an inch on their price and the price they offered me for mine was £500 less than the lowest offer I'd been offered anywhere.

Disgusting, even if the country and industry wasn't in such an appauling state it would still be awful customer service :roll:
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

nickbell69
Advanced Driver

Postby nickbell69 » Thu May 27, 2010 6:23 am

Spooky that stranger, when i was looking around i went to evans halshaw in Chester after seeing 2 cars advertised with them, 1 they didn't have and didn't know where it was :eek The other one was parked around the back as a salesman was using it. Now that i can understand i would probably do the same BUT, the girl took us round to view it and oh my god the state of it was unbelievable. it had a filthy bike in the boot, clothes on the back seat and what looked like a weeks worth of old lunches and dinners on the passenger seat!!
I took one look and said no thanks- saleswoman said oh look past the mess it will be fully valeted. Like you say the country is in a right state yet customer service seems to be getting worse, obviously some people are too comfortable in their jobs.
Car is going in for service tomorrow so i'll be interested to see how it goes.

nickbell69
Advanced Driver

Postby nickbell69 » Sat May 29, 2010 2:39 pm

Well all went well, service was done.
Service from the staff was fine, car was washed while they had it as i said i was in no rush for it back!!
Best bit was they replaced 2 front bulbs which i hadn't noticed were out. Charged me for bulbs but not fitting them, i joked about free fitting and he said we can't really charge for that it only takes a minute to do :eek
They then recommended a brake fluid change and new front tyres in a month or so, both of which he said would be cheaper else where :eek
I have to say his honesty surprised me but will get them more business with me now passing on a recommendation to other ford owners.

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Postby Stranger » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:38 pm

That's a turn up for the books, keep them in your address book there's not many like that about :-)
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

onlydiesels

Postby onlydiesels » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:43 pm

nickbell69 wrote:
Best bit was they replaced 2 front bulbs which i hadn't noticed were out. Charged me for bulbs but not fitting them, i joked about free fitting and he said we can't really charge for that it only takes a minute to do :eek

how about this then....
place where i work don`t charge for bulb fitting either...........even if customers bring their own bulbs :eek ..which they do regularly,even though our`s are only about £6 for an headlamp bulb

Return to “Everything Else”