What gets your goat...

A place for chat, jokes or anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Starman
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Proton 1.6 Lxi Wira

What gets your goat...

Postby Starman » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:01 pm

Hi all...

Pet hates, what are they? I have a couple of things that REALLY bug me. 1. Being interupted. Can't stand people that cut you off in your prime, thinking they know what you're going to say! 2. Being ignored. I know I'm opening myself up for no replies now, but in this case I'd see it as a joke! You send people txt messages, Emails, etc and they don't answer you... AAArrrrgh... LOL...

rjacko
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.9 dci Dynamique, 3dr 03 reg

Re: What gets your goat...

Postby rjacko » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:34 am

my big one is people straight lining roundabouts espescially when your nearly along side them and they slice straight in front of you :banghead
3dr 03 Megane 1.9Dci, Dynamique, panoramic roof, keyless system, full leather, 6 cd changer, 17" Nervasport alloys

dougieCC
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault megane CC 1.6

Postby dougieCC » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:53 am

rjacko wrote:my big one is people straight lining roundabouts espescially when your nearly along side them and they slice straight in front of you :banghead

Yes, and when you react, they have the nerve to blame you.
1) people driving whilst on mobile phone
2) people who enter motorways then drive across all the lanes just to get the fast one.
3) middle lane hoggers
4) groups of cyclists, who find the need to ride side by side on country lane's

That will do for now :D
Megane CC 1.6vvt and 1.4 clio

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Postby Stranger » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:14 am

Folk that don't indicate
People who pull out in front of you and then proceed at a speed vastly lower than the speed limit
People who don't care about their, or other people's cars, and just open their doors willy nilly without a care as to what they bang it in to
Numpties that drive around with the bass booming out of their car
People that stop and start because they are looking for somewhere and they aren't sure of where it is
the list is endless ........ see my sig :lol:
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

andywills
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 04 Megane 1.6e 16V VVT

Postby andywills » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:41 am

dick heads on the motorway that dont pull back over after overtaking
Renault Megané Dynamique 1.6e 16v VVT 2004

Starman
Learner Driver

Postby Starman » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:29 pm

Keep it going guys, and girls...

Driving while on the phone... W*nkers. If you can afford a car, AND a phone, you can afford some kind of hands free kit!

Middle lane hoggers.... Gggggrrrrrrrrr

Door opening, mainly in car parks... God help you if you done it to them!!!

Booming bass.... WHY????

Ooo, round-a-bouts.... How dare YOU make THEM drive "around" a round-a-bout...! LOL..

Motorways.... Don't get me started. You're happily doing 70 (ish officer) just over taken someone so you're in the middle lane for about a minute. Mr Stereo typical sales rep (not all of you) pushing you out of the way because they want to get somewhere at 100mph and you're going to take 30 seconds out of their lives, just before they risk their own!!!
While we're at it, lorries up hill... I once followed a lorry up hill on a dual carraigeway for 2 miles because the second one couldn't overtake. THEN, when the road tailed off straight again, the second one pulled back in BEHIND the first one because the first one had then sped up again!!!! DON'T DO IT....

andywills
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 04 Megane 1.6e 16V VVT

Postby andywills » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:33 am

think starman has some issues....someone pass the bubblewrap
Renault Megané Dynamique 1.6e 16v VVT 2004

LiamG
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 120 DCi Dynamique

Postby LiamG » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:02 pm

ALL of the above :banghead

Plus why all of a sudden people dont indicate, roundabouts junctions, changing lanes etc or they indicate at the wrong time

Stupid boy racers that feel the need to inpress me even though its a piece of crap - Dont get why they do it...?

THE PRICE OF DIESEL! They can charge what they want because they know we cant do without it!

On the subject of mobile phones, i had a slogan on the numberplate of my cars.. it said "GET OFF YOUR MOBILE YOU TW*T" (without the star). I got stopped once by a female traffic bobby who was less than impressed with it.. all she kept saying was it isnt very appropriate is it :grin

Liam :dead
Megane II 5dr 1.9 DCi 120 Dynamique in Yellow (yes yellow like the renaultsports) - Now Sold :(

Starman
Learner Driver

Postby Starman » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:16 am

What's not appropriate about that??? Pretty good if you ask me! As I said before, if you can afford a car and a phone, you can afford a hands free kit, they're cheap enough!!! :mad

Andy.. LOL... I do have issues... Mostly other people on the road! While we're on the subject of indicators, SWITCH THE BLOODY THING OFF WHEN YOU'VE DONE YOUR MANOUVURE... LOLOL.. :banghead

direstraits
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: History: Renault Megane II Touring 1.5 dci 106HP, Clio III 1.2 16v 75HP
Laguna III Ph2 Exception

Postby direstraits » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:40 am

People driving with fog lights on a clear night (prefferably with both front and rear), accompanied by sticking to my rear bumper, or not letting me overtake them. The fog lights are called FOG lights for a reason. :banghead
2008-2011 MII GT 1.5 dCi 106HP,
2011- Laguna III ST Excep. 1.5 dCi 110 FAP 17" 215/50 Mich. Primacy HP, 16" 195/60 Mich. A4
2012- Clio III 5d Avant. 1.5 dCi 75 FAP 15" 185/60 Mich. Energy Saver, 15" 185/60 ContiWinterContact TS800

anth_dci
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II DCi 120 Dynamique 52 plate

Postby anth_dci » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:47 am

BMW drivers who think they are better than everyone else
big 4x4 drivers who think they are better than everyone else
taxi drivers who think they are better than everyone else

BUSES! I hate buses with a passion how anyone can say riding the bus is green obviously hasnt seen all the soot that comes out the back of them. they stink, take forever to get anywhere and the drivers think they rule the road.

Bus lanes.... (im sure i dont need to justify this)

Tree hugging eviromentalists, complete tossers.

The PC crowd. Aw you cant do/say that incase you offend someone, well f**k you ill fly my St Georges flag thank you very much.

St Patricks day being more celebrated than St Georges.
Megane II dynamique 1.9 DCI 120bhp, 5 door, 52 plate.

steve the postman
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 1.5 DCI 86 EXTREME TUNING BOX
DAB DIGITAL RADIO/DVD PLAYER
HID HEADLIGHTS
PIAA HORNS
GT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL

Postby steve the postman » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:02 pm

I fly the cross of st george every day on my plates aswell as darth vader and yoda but thats another story not just when england are being put out of another football competion
1-0 to us in the ashes HAHA aussies
well thats the start of my goat
Steve
1.5 DCI 86 EXTREME, TUNING BOX, DAB DIGITAL RADIO/DVD PLAYER, HID HEADLIGHTS, PIAA HORNS, GT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL.

Toosh
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 03 Megane 1.9 dCi 120 Dynamique Sport Hatch in Black.
Nervasport alloys, Comfort Pack, Full Leather interior, 6 Disc CD Changer,
Panoramic Roof, and loads more stuff.

Postby Toosh » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:35 pm

40 mph brigade, Caravans, Tractors, Self absorbed Navara/L200 drivers, People who take a million attempts to park, People that dont wave after ive given way for them or let them out of a junction, Bus drivers, Middle lane hoggers, Boy racers, Traffic Wardens, Traffic Police, VOSA, Petrol Stations that are also a shop, Builders in tatty Transits, Kwik Fit, School run mum.
Black 03 Megane dCi 120 Dynamique Sport Hatch. Gone but not forgotten.
Black 56 Pug 207 GT 1.6 Turbo

Paddy
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane Saloon 2.0 VVT Dynamique

Postby Paddy » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:41 pm

steve the postman wrote:1-0 to us in the ashes HAHA aussies
Steve

LOL it take take 75 years for it to happen at Lords. :lol:

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Postby Stranger » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:51 am

anth_dci wrote:BUSES! I hate buses with a passion how anyone can say riding the bus is green obviously hasnt seen all the soot that comes out the back of them. they stink, take forever to get anywhere and the drivers think they rule the road.

Bus lanes.... (im sure i dont need to justify this)

The PC crowd. Aw you cant do/say that incase you offend someone, well f**k you ill fly my St Georges flag thank you very much.

Blooming heck thanks for reminding me, not only do buses chuck out this rubbish but they also cause roads to be blocked when they stop because some planner sat in his office with nothing to do has decreed that bus stops should be made to stick out in to the road which causes the traffic on that side to back up when they stop, then, when someone gets impatient it increases the risk of accidents because they try and squeeze through between the parked bus and the on coming traffic :evil:

Bus lanes, what the ......................

The PC crowd, meh, I work for the NHS and it's blooming full of them :banghead
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

Return to “Everything Else”